Monday, August 2, 2010

Oshkosh - Oh my gosh!

I've had the crispiest, most wonderful weekend!

Things I did:

I road a scooter with a 150cc engine through a field filled with campers. (that means it could go fast, which I did, and it was delightful)

I camped - Camping elements included: brats, campers, fires, potatoes, pot-o-lets, mosquito bites, happiness.

I threw a football around / bumped a volleyball around in a grassy field in Wisconsin in the sunshine. I fell asleep in that sunshine in a grassy field and awoke to parachutes with giant American flags falling out of the sky. And got a crispy sunburn to match.

I saw some really amazing airplanes doing some really amazing tricks as well, which I could elaborate on, but instead I will simply encourage you to attend Oshkosh before you expire. So. Much. Fun!

Here's a sampling for you of the different types of fires I saw:

Fireworks!


Firewall!


Campfire! (featuring happy feet)


And for your viewing pleasure, a video of one of the first nighttime pyrotechnic airplane shows! (also featuring my squeals of delight in the background)



Serious shout out to Jen and Angela for bringing me along on their fantastic summer tradition: camping at the Oshkosh Wisconsin annual Air Show.

Followed Oshkosh with a delightful jaunt to Milwaukee for lunch. Stumbled upon Alterra on the lakefront. I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day for a lunch outside in a fun new city.


Cappuccino, Gazpacho, and Asparagus/White Cheddar sandwich, with a side of Murakami to go.

Thanks Wisconsin for such a delightful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment