Friday, March 6, 2009

Chalkboard Art

I can't help myself but post again today. I'd have posted it yesterday, but I was really busy making a lot of plans and applying for a potential job! And that's what this post is about, that job!

Thank you SO much to my dear friend Adil for finding an add for a chalkboard artist! (I've just had my coffee... I need to be more sparing with my use of exclamation points, or this whole post is going to read like I'm shouting at you... )

So for those of you who do not know my odd collection of skills and side projects... if you ever frequented Tommy Nevins Pub in the last three years, you've probably seen my artwork amidst the drink specials.

This was last years Christmas board, and the first time I decided that I'd really "let myself go" and get really artistic with the board. It took about 4 hours, and it was a whole lot of fun.

A detail of the cocktail waitress, from back in the day when we still had to wear plaid skirts. I had to make sure she didn't look like anyone who actually worked there so no one got a big head!


This is the holiday board the next year. I got tired of being cartoony and decided to make a "work of art." I think its quite lovely, really. The crowd did too.

And this one is my favorite of all the boards I did over the years. But that's because I love baseball. Its based on a famous picture of Joe Dimaggio, but I turned it into a Cubs vs. Sox game. It was quite controvesial, because on the board, the bases are loaded, the Cubs are up by three, but the Sox player is hitting the ball WAY out... will it be caught? will it be a homerun? Its hard to say who will win!


A detail of the players, I loved the way the white chalk make the wrinkles in his jersey.

Well there you have it. A sampling of my chalk art. I wish I had taken a picture of each board now!
Well, we'll see if this job contacts me. It would be a great part time activity!

Either way, if anyone you know needs a chalkboard filled.... I'd be honored to be your gal!

No comments:

Post a Comment